Saturday, October 06, 2007

SEO, Marketing and HTML...Oh, my!

As you may have noticed, I have been on a little holiday from my blogging. I have been hitting my Search Engine Optimization and Marketing classes hard. I have also been brushing up on my HTML so I can do the Advanced level and then the CSS tutorials. It has been fun and very well worth it, just time consuming.

The free SEO training class I am taking is by Cricket Walker of GNC Web Creations. This class teaches basic and not-so-basic things you need to do to and for your website to make it come up in the search engines. The class runs on a four week schedule and you can stay in the class as long as you need to. You must abide by the guidelines that Cricket has laid out. They are not difficult, but may seem a little strict to some. You just have to remember that with over 2,000 members, there needs to be structure or chaos will ensue.

I also bought the corresponding ebook and have found it is helpful, but you can do the classes without it and not have a problem. I look at it as a little way I could support the class since it is such a valuable resource. Did I mention it is completely FREE? If you are serious about your online business, you can't afford to miss this class.

You are also required to take the Sucessful Website Marketing training class along with the SEO training class. This may seem like extra work, but it's not. The marketing class runs parallel to the SEO class. The difference is that the SEO training class explains the search engine side of things and the website marketing class discusses how it all affects your customers.

I highly recommend these classes. I haven't even had a chance to implement most of what I have been learning, but I now look at things in a whole different perspective. I am nearing the end of my second round of the class and am mostly reading and highlighting my printouts of the lessons, taking notes. I plan to start building webpages soon.

Look for a whole new Leapin' Lilies website opening March 2008!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I agree Crickets class is great! Good luck on the new website, how exciting! :)

God Bless,
Heather Bixler
http://girlyblogdesignz.com

Vicki Arnold said...

Thanks! I have learned so much, it makes my head spin at times, lol.

Vicki